People / Teaching Staff
Professor LEE Kit-bing, Icy
Professor & Chairperson
B.A. (HKU), Dip. Ed. (CUHK), M.A. in Linguistics (TESOL)(University of Surrey), Ph.D. in Applied English Linguistics (HKU)
Address: Ho Tim Building, Faculty of Education, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Tel: 3943 6940
Fax: 2603 6129
Personal Homepage: http://www.fed.cuhk.edu.hk/~icylee/
Icy lee has taught in Hong Kong and Vancouver, Canada. She has worked in Douglas College and Simon Fraser University (Vancouver), Institute of Language in Education (currently The Education University of Hong Kong), Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Baptist University, and the University of Hong Kong. The undergraduate and postgraduate courses she has taught include ELT methodology, academic reading and writing, written and spoken discourse, language assessment, classroom communication, teaching and learning of reading and writing, and action research.
Her publications have appeared in numerous international journals, including Journal of Second Language Writing, TESOL Quarterly, Language Teaching, Language Teaching Research, System, ELT Journal, Assessing Writing, andCanadian Modern Language Review. She is currently Associate Editor of Journal of Second Language Writing and Senior Associate Editor of The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher.
Second language writing, error correction and feedback in writing, classroom writing assessment, and teacher development
- Lee, I. (2016). Teacher education on feedback in EFL writing: Issues, challenges, and future directions. TESOL Quarterly, 50(2), 518-527.
- Yu, S., & Lee, I. (2015). Understanding EFL students’ participation in group peer feedback of L2 writing: A case study from an activity theory perspective. Language Teaching Research, 19(5), 572-593.
- Lee, I. (2014). Publish or perish: The myth and reality of academic publishing. Language Teaching, 47(2), 250-261.
- Lee, I. (2013). Becoming a writing teacher: Using “identity” as an analytic lens to understand EFL writing teachers’ development. Journal of Second Language Writing.
- Lee, I. (2012), Genre-based teaching and assessment in secondary English classrooms. English Teaching: Practice and Critique, 11(4), 120-136.
- Lee, I. (2011) Feedback revolution: What gets in the way? ELT Journal, 65(1), 1-12.
- Lee, I. (2010). Writing teacher education and teacher learning: Testimonies of four EFL teachers. Journal of Second Language Writing, 19(3), 143-157.
- Lee, I. (2009). Ten mismatches between teachers’ beliefs and written feedback practice. ELT Journal, 63(1), 13-22.
- Lee, I. (2008). Understanding teachers’ written feedback practices in Hong Kong secondary classrooms. Journal of Second Language Writing, 17(2), 69-85.
- Lee, I. (2007). Assessment for Learning: Integrating assessment, teaching, and learning in the ESL/EFL writing classroom. Canadian Modern Language Review, 64(1). 199-214.
Last Updated: Aug 2016