- Academic Staff
- Adjunct and Honorary Staff
- Administrative Staff
- Current Students
Manhong is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Educational Administration and Policy and Associate Master in Wu Yee Sun College at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received Research Excellence Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2008 and seven Faculty Exemplary Teaching Awards. Research interests: Educational Development in Contemporary Chinese Societies, Higher Education, Teacher Development, and Policy Studies in Education. Course taught: Policy Studies in Education, Educational Change in the Chinese Societies, Qualitative Research Method in Education (master degree program), Educational Reform in the Chinese Societies, Educational Policy and Practices in Hong Kong, Structure and Schooling in Education (PGDE program)
- Comparative Education
- Education and Development
- Education Policy
- Higher Education
- Qualitative Methods
- Teacher Professional Development
- Vocational Education
- PEDU 6213 Educational Change in Chinese Societies
- PEDU 6402 Qualitative Methods in Educational Research
- PGDE 5221 Education Reform in Chinese Societies
- Qiao, X.F.& Lai, Manhong (online first) Pre-Service Teachers’ Job-Related Perceptions of Teaching in Rural Areas: A Study of the Free Teacher Education Program in Mainland China, Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice
- Lai, Manhong & Li, Linlin (forthcoming) Early career researchers’ perceptions of collaborative research in the context of academic capitalism on the Chinese Mainland, Higher Education Research and Development.
- Lai, Manhong (forthcoming) Enhancing teaching quality in higher education: a case study of a regional university in China, Education and Urban Society.
- Lai, Manhong, Du, P. & Lo, LNK (2016) Restricted opportunities under employment reform: the experiences of select universities in the Chinese Mainland, Higher Education Research and Development, 35(3), 516-530.
- Lai, Manhong, Du, P., & Li, L.L. (2014) Struggling to handle teaching and research: a study on academic work in selected universities in the Chinese Mainland, Teaching in Higher Education, 19(8), 966-979.
- Lai, Manhong (2013) “The changing work life of academics: a comparative study of a renowned and a regional university in the Chinese Mainland” Australian Educational Researcher, 40(1), 27-45.
- Learning Experiences of Mainland Students in the Context of Internationalizing Higher Education in Hong Kong
- Expected Learning Experiences of Mainland Students in the Context of Internationalizing Higher Education in Hong Kong
- Academic’s Strategies for Balancing Teaching and Research: A Qualitative Study of Three Universities in the Chinese Mainland
- Academics’ perceptions of work life: a qualitative study in three universities in the Chinese Mainland
- Perceptions of Faculty Work Life in the Chinese Mainland: A Study on Three Comprehensive Universities in Different Rank
- The Changing Academic Profession: Employment Reform in Two Key Universities in Chinese Mainland
- Teacher Development and Teacher Education in the Chinese Mainland
- Decentralization and Educational Reform in the Chinese Societies