王悅同

王悅同

學位教師教育文憑課程 – 英文

<只提供英文版>

My journey throughout this programme has been challenging yet rewarding, and I have grown both professionally and personally.

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to my course instructor, Dr. Alice Chow, for her invaluable guidance, support, and encouragement. I still remember after my first TP visit, her caring words really instilled confidence in me.

During my teaching practicum at my Alma mater, I faced many challenges such as adjusting to the pace of working in a school setting, making lesson plans and materials, and bonding with the students. However, I was fortunate to have a wonderful mentor, Ms Pinky Ng, who provided me with invaluable support and encouragement. She helped me to navigate these challenges and provided me with all the tools that I needed to succeed. She poured her heart and soul into this mentorship and I could not express enough gratitude to her.

Pinky inspired me to become a better educator. When I observed her lessons, she danced in the classroom. It made me rethink about my own methods and practice. More importantly, she made me reflect on why I wanted to pursue the path of becoming a teacher when I was confused, frustrated, and lost. Literally, many blood, sweat and tears were shed. Despite the hardships, I do not regret going through this gauntlet called my “TP”. When my students told me, “Miss Wong, you know what? I sleep in all of my lessons, except English.” The sheer joy and satisfaction were incomparable to anything else I’ve ever experienced, and it made everything so worth it.

I am incredibly humbled to have met two wonderful classes of students whom I will never forget. In fact, I discovered that even though I was a teacher to my students, I actually learned more about myself from them. I realized that I was actually less patient than I thought, but I also found that I was more resilient than I ever imagined. Every single one of them reminded me of how I should interact with people, exposed me to new slangs and cultures and inspired me to become a better teacher each day.

Once again, thank you to my alma mater who gave me this precious opportunity to learn about being a teacher and thank you to all of my colleagues, friends and family who also witnessed my growth. Without everyone’s support, I could not have done it.

I am excited to see where this journey will take me, and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow as an educator.