Terri Sit

Terri Sit

學位教師教育文憑(小學)課程-英文

<只提供英文版本>

As a first-year teacher, I have been reminiscing a lot about my fruitful year studying at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. My time at CUHK has been very rewarding. The courses have a strong focus in developing students’ teaching skills and helping students understand how education theories are actualized in the real world. In addition to our learning of pedagogy, our six-week overseas immersion was integral to our diploma. While students of other subject majors were doing their first Teaching Practicums, we English majors had the opportunity to go to the UK for more language exposure. Not only was I able to enhance my language skills, but I also gained an extensive cultural experience in Edinburgh. From the historic Old Town to the bustling streets of the New Town, Edinburgh was a truly mesmerizing city. I also had a really friendly host who made me feel at home and made my trip even more remarkable. Having my immersion in Edinburgh was certainly the highlight of the school year.

Our two-month Teaching Practicum was an opportunity for us to put theory into practice. I still remember clearly the moment when I stepped into the classroom, and that my students greeted me for the very first time. I was a bundle of nerves! Nevertheless, with continuous guidance and support from my mentors, my experience at the TP school has enabled me to improve and reflect on my teaching skills and strategies. It has also prepared me to become more effective and flexible in my teaching so that I can make adaptations accordingly to suit the needs of my students in a real classroom setting.

In my role as a new teacher, I will base my teaching not only on my practical knowledge, but also on the belief that education is a work of heart. Education is meaningful only when we teach with our hearts and passion. As I progress in my teaching career, I will strive with determination and dedication amidst future challenges.