Wilson Wan

Wilson Wan

文學士(英國語文研究)及教育學士(英國語文教育)同期結業雙學位課程 (ELED) – 2021 畢業生

<只提供英文版本>

My five years of undergraduate study at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) have been incredibly fruitful. Because of the supportive teaching staff, I learnt how to put different teaching techniques in practice and address miscellaneous issues in teaching and learning. I am grateful to all my teachers for their support which enabled me to be a competent teacher.

My teaching practicum at Fanling Kau Yan College also plays a significant role in my aspiration to become an English teacher. I would like to express my gratitude to my mentors Mr Wong Wah Chun and Mr Liu Chun Yin for offering me advice and assistance during the two-month teaching experience. They not only taught me skills to facilitate students’ learning, but also demonstrated the qualities required for a teacher, which in turn instilled the same qualities into me. Teaching real students in a classroom is vastly different from merely deliberating teaching methodologies, and my teaching practicum at Fanling Kau Yan College offered me opportunities of both. Such experience is invaluable to my future teaching career.

My immersion experience in York is another highlight of my undergraduate study. The teaching staff there and my host family were extremely welcoming. In addition to increasing my English proficiency, I also understood the British culture more. I can still remember vividly those days when I wandered around York, enjoying the local food and appreciating the gorgeous scenery of the historical town.

Last but not least, I am grateful to all my classmates who have been accompanying me for the past five years. Their companionship rendered my undergraduate study even more fabulous.

All in all, my five-year undergraduate study is incredibly conducive to my teaching career. Because of all the people I have met and the assistance they have offered, I am able to become an English teacher. I shall profoundly cherish the memories of the time I have spent at CUHK. With all that I gained in these five years, I shall also strive to be an English teacher who nurtures and inspires students.