Other Refereed Journal Publications
Overseas International Conference Presentations
Some Funded Research
• Hau, K. T. & Cheung, K. P. (1995). Chinese students' academic orientation: Characteristics and cultural factors. In P. K. Siu & P.T.-K. Tam (Eds.), Quality in Education: Insights from different perspectives . Hong Kong : Hong Kong Educational Research Association. (in Chinese)
• Lin, W. Y., & Hau, K. T. (1995). Structural equation modeling: Model equivalency and respecification. Educational Journal, 23, 147-162. (in Chinese) 林文鶯 、侯傑泰。 (199 5 ) 。結構方程 分析 -------- 模式之 等同及修正 。教肓學報 ( 香港 ) ， 2 3 , 1 4 7 - 162 .
• Cheng, Z. J., & Hau, K. T. (1996). An analysis of preschool mathematics teaching in China and Hong Kong -- Implications from an innovation in curriculum. Journal of Primary Education, 6(1,2) , 137-142. (in Chinese)
• Hau, K. T., Cheng, Z. J., & Chung, C. M. (1996). The concept of goodness of fit and a comparison of fit indexes in structural equation modelling. Educational Research Journal, 11 , 73-81. 侯傑泰、成子娟、鐘財文。 (1996) 。結構方程式之擬合優概念及常用指數之比較。教 肓研究學報 ( 香港 ) ， 11, 73-81.
• Hau, K. T., Chung, C. M., Lin, W. Y. (1996). Issues in fitting and a comparison of common indexes in structural equation modeling. In Transactions of K.C. Wong Education Foundation Supported Lectures, Volume 13 (pp. 157-166). Shanghai , China : K.C. Wong Education Foundation. (a collection of public lectures, refereed)
• Hau, K. T., Ip, M. H., & Cheng, Z. J. (1996). Target oriented curriculum and inter-school comparison. Education Journal , 24(2), 1-13.
• Cheng, Z. J., Hau, K. T., & Chung, C. M. (1997). Primary school students' intellectual factors, non-intellectual factors and academic performance. Psychological Science, 20 (6), 514-518, 529.
• Hau, K. T. (1997). Outcome indicators in assessing good quality schools: Many problems but a few solution . Occasional Paper Number 5. Hong Kong : Hong Kong Institute of Educational Research, The Chinese University of Hong Kong .
• Hau, K. T. (1997). To avoid jumping from the fire pan into fire: Recommendations on assessing primary students' academic ability . Occasional Paper Number 12. Hong Kong : Hong Kong Institute of Educational Research, The Chinese University of Hong Kong .
• Kong, C. K. & Hau, K. T. (1997). Issues and misconceptions in using structural equation modelling. Education Journal, 25(1), 45-60 . 江哲光、侯傑泰。 (1997) 。應用結構方程模式之問題和謬誤。教肓學報 ( 香港 ) ， 25, 45-61.
• Wong, H. W., Lee, C. K., Hau, K. T., Ni, Y. J., Hon, H. S., Hui, K. F., & Tsui, C. C. (1997). The 9-year compulsory education: Aims, objectives, and implementation . Education Department: Hong Kong .
• Hau, K. T. (1999). How “not” to assess project report. TOC Newsletter, 5, 3-7 ( Hong Kong : Hong Kong Education Department).
• Hau, K. T., & Cheng, Z. J. (1999). Application and analytical strategies of structural equation modelling. Exploration of Psychology, 19 (1), 54-59. 侯傑泰、成子娟。 (199 9 ) 。結構方程式模 型的應用及分析策略 。 心理 學 探新 ， 19 , 54-59 .
• Cheng, Z. J., & Hau, K. T. (2000). Preschool mathematics teaching and children's intellectual development: A longitudinal study. Curriculum Studies, 27-28 (3-4), 63-66.
• Hau, K. T. (2000). Through-road: Are there better substitutes than the abolishment of the high stakes academic aptitude test (AAT)? Journal of Psychology in the Chinese Societies, 1, 163-169.
• Hau, K. T. (2000). Chinese, English and Mathematics Minimum Competency Standards for Primary and Secondary School Students in Hong Kong . (Report submitted for a commissioned project).
• Hau, K. T. (2002). Feasibility of web-based Computerized Adaptive Tests (CAT) in Primary School Mathematics . (Report submitted for a Education Department commissioned project)
• Chang, L., Yang, Z., Hau, K.T., Ho, W. K., Lam, K. P., Wang, Y. (2000). Setting minimum competence Putonghua standard for Hong Kong Putonghua speakers. Educational Research Journal, 15 (2), 301-316.
• Cheng, Z. J., & Hau, K. T. (2000). Implicit theories of academic subjects: Generality and age-related differences. Psychological Science, 23 (2), 146-150.
• Hau, K. T. (2001). New educational assessment services to monitor the educational system and to help teaching. In Leung S. W. (Ed.), Assessment and Mathematics Education (pp.46-53). Hong Kong : Faculty of Education, The Chinese University of Hong Kong .
• Hau, K. T. (2001). Judicial review of sexual discrimination in Hong Kong secondary school place allocation: Legal, educational and psychometrical debates. Hong Kong Journal of Social Sciences, 20 , 57-85.
• Wen, Z., Hau, K. T., Marsh, H. W. (2003). Methods and recent development in analysis of interaction effects between latent variables. Advances in Psychological Science ( 心理科學進展 ), 11, 593-599.
• Wen, Z.-L., Hau, K. T. (2004). Comparison and evaluation of different methods for analyzing interaction effects between latent variables. Application of Statistics and Management ( 數理統計與管理 ), 23, 37-42.