Formerly served as Postdoc Fellow and the manager of the Viterbi iPodia Educational Program at the University of Southern California, USA. Courses taught at the CUHK include: Introduction to Curriculum Evaluation; Curriculum Evaluation: Theory & Practice; Principles and Implementation of Curriculum and Instructional Design; Ethnographic Study in Ed Research.
Curriculum design and development; learning sciences and technology; engineering education; educational ethnography; mix method research.
- Dai, Y., Liu, A. (2019). Understanding student variances in learning outcomes and task interpretations from multimedia presentations. British Journal of Education Technology, 50(5), 2685-2702.
- Dai, Y. (2019). Situating videoconferencing in a connected class toward intercultural knowledge development: A comparative reflection approach. The Internet and Higher Education, 41, 1-10.
- Dai, Y., Lu, S., & Liu, A. (2019). Student pathways to understanding the global virtual teams: An ethnographic study. Interactive Learning Environments, 27(1), 3-14.
- Dai, Y., Liu, A., Morrison, J., & Lu, S. (2016). Systemic design of interactive learning environment for global engineering courses. International Journal of Engineering Education, 32(6), 2597-2611.
- Green, J. L., Joo, J., Dai, Y., Hirsch, T., Chian, M., & David, P. B. (2016). Challenges in understanding different epistemologies for studying learning: A telling case of constructing a new research agenda. International Journal of Educational Research. 84, 119-126.
- Liu, A., Dai, Y., & Lu, S. (2015). Effectiveness of E-learning 2.0 tools and services to support learner-learner interactions in a global engineering class. International Journal of Engineering Education, (31)2, 553-566.
- Green, J.L., Dai, Y., Joo, J., Williams, E., Liu, A., & Lu, S. (2015). Interdisciplinary dialogues as a site for reflexive exploration of conceptual understandings of teaching–learning relationships. Pedagogies: An International Journal, 10(1), 86-103.