Applicants are required to make their applications via the Internet (http://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk) and quote the “Application No.” when they send the required supporting documents to the Office of Postgraduate Programmes in Education at:
Office of Postgraduate Programmes in Education
G7, Ho Tim Building,
Faculty of Education,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Supporting documents required include:
- Submit Online Application Form (http://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk)
- Official transcripts and grading scheme of all tertiary level studies with stamp from “Registry”*#
- Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網).
- Copies of Certificates of academic qualifications
- Copies of Certificates of professional qualifications
- Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the Graduate’ School’s English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Confidential Recommendations from two referees respectively**
- Copies of Identity card or Passport
- Field of Study (if any):
Applicants should state the area of study they wish to apply for in the “Field of study” box on the application form
- A Paper on “Objectives and Outline of Study” in Chinese or English with the following contents:
- The applicant’s reasons for choosing the specialised area of study;
- Demonstration of a basic understanding of key concepts in the specialised area of study by citing learning and working experiences as well as relevant literature; and
- Two proposed topics in the specialised area of study which are worthy of research. For one of the topics, a concise research proposal should be provided. For the other, simply state the title and a brief description.
- The applicant’s reasons for choosing the area of study;
- Demonstration of a basic understanding of the area of study;
- Learning and working experiences that are relevant to their pursuits; and
- Two proposed topics which are worthy of research. For one of the topics, a concise research proposal should be provided. For the other, simply state the title and a brief description.
- The nature of work of educational psychologists in Hong Kong;
- The reasons for choosing educational psychology as a career; and
- Your personal and study plan.
(accept English version only)
- Applicant’s choice of Specialised Stream within this programme (please indicate clearly your first choice and second choice). Please explain why you choose these Specialised Streams;
- Description of how academic pursuit in counselling and school guidance will enhance the applicant’s professional capacity; and
- Future career plans.
*maximum 1,000 words
- Reasons for choosing this programme; and
- Beliefs about leading school improvement.
- The applicant’s reasons for choosing the specialised area of study/ the programme;
- Demonstration of a basic understanding of the specialised area of study if applying for the Programme with Specialisations/ the area of study;
- A description of how the proposed academic pursuits will enhance the applicant’s professional capacity; and
- Future career plans.
* Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a curriculum of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
# Official Transcripts must reach our office directly from the University, or in sealed envelopes and sent by the applicant with other supporting documents to our office. CUHK graduates/students with a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree are allowed to submit photocopies of Transcripts.
** Confidential recommendations from two referees:
- Download the “Confidential Recommendation” and send one to each of your referees and request them to return the recommendations to the Graduate Division of Education as soon as possible or not later than two weeks after the application deadline of the programme; or
- Recommend two referees’ information through the “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes”.