The Master of Philosophy Degree Programme is designed to provide students the initial research training to enhance their academic and personal development through the study of a topic relevant to their interests.
Areas of Study
Curriculum and Instruction
Educational Administration and Policy
- Educational Administration
- Studies in Education Policy
- Educational Psychology
Sports Science and Physical Education
- Sports Biomechanics
- Pedagogy in Sports and Physical Education
- Sports and Exercise Psychology/Motor Behaviour
- Sports Sociology
- Sports Physiology
- Physical Activity, Health and Fitness
- Measurement in Physical Education and Sports
(1) Coursework Requirement
(a) Students are required to complete a minimum of 9 units of courses for graduation.
Any 2 courses to be chosen from the followings: PEDU6003-6004, 6401-6406
(There are pre-requisites for PEDU6404 & 6405.)
PEDU8090 is a thesis monitoring course. Students are required to take PEDU8090 every term from the time of admission, throughout the preparation of thesis, until its completion.
(2) Other Requirements
- Students must fulfill the Term Assessment Requirement of the Graduate School. For details, please refer to Section 13.0 “Unsatisfactory Performance and Discontinuation of Studies” of the General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies which can be accessed from the Graduate School Homepage: http://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk.
- A student must achieve a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in order to fulfill the graduation requirement.
- Students are required to submit a research thesis and pass an oral examination for graduation.
- Complete an Improving Postgraduate Learning (IPL) module on “Observing Intellectual Property and Copyright Law during Research”. This will be an online module and relevant information can be accessed from the website: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/clear/prodev/ipl.html
- Students are required to complete an online Research Ethics Training (RET) module on “Publication Ethics” offered by the Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services (ORKTS) and obtain a valid Publication Ethics Certificate for graduation. Relevant information can be accessed from the RET website at https://www.research-ethics.cuhk.edu.hk/web/
- Complete an IPL module on “Research Data Management Training”. This is an online module and relevant information can be accessed from the website: https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/clear/download/IPL-Researchskills.pdf. Students are required to complete and pass the module in their first year of studies (Applicable to students admitted in 2022-23 and thereafter).