Lo Mei Wai Sabrina (2020 Graduate)

Joining the four-week summer program offered by the University of British Columbia, Canada (UBC) is the best decision made in my life. The program provided me the opportunity to take any two courses (Business, Forestry, or even Medicine and pharmaceutical sciences) but I chose Education-related package. Different faculties offered different activities for their students. For me, there were events, for instance, a real baseball match, FlyOver Canada, movie night, museum visit, etc. Being offered diverse educational experiences, I engaged in cross-disciplinary learning and developed my understanding of Canadian culture.

I arrived in Canada one month before the program started as I was excited and wanted to explore more with this special chance. Apart from academics and campus life in UBC, I went to several places such as Whistler, Jasper and Banff as these places are quite far from UBC. Travelling to unknown places and blending in the local culture are fruitful. Hot spring, mountains, lakes, Icefield… All these nature sceneries were peaceful, stunning and breathtaking, not to mention various animals such as a squirrel family in campus, goats and little bears on freeway. I really miss these relaxing days–the cool weather, the free breakfast, the cute animals and everything there. I will never forget these loving days.