IntroductionFormerly served as Lecturer at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Courses taught include Academic Writing, Research Methods, Subject Curriculum and Teaching (English), Enrichment Activities for ELT, and ELT Theory and Methodology.
Research AreasSecond language writing, writing strategies, and teacher professional development.
Selected PublicationsRefereed Journal articles
- Wang, C., & Bai, B. (Forthcoming). Validity evidence for the instruments to measure Chinese English language learners’ self-efficacy beliefs and self-regulated learning behaviors. TESOL Quarterly.
- Bai, B. (2015). An intervention study of writing strategies in Singapore primary schools. System, 53, 96-106.
- Bai, B. (2014). Enhancing in-service teachers’ professional learning through a school-based professional development programme in Hong Kong. Journal of Education for Teaching, 40, 434-436.
- Wang, C., Kim, D.-H., Bai, B., & Hu, J. Y. (2014). Psychometric properties of a self-efficacy scale for English language learners in China. System, 44, 24-33.
- Bai, B., Hu, G. W., & Gu, Y. (2014). The relationship between writing strategies and English proficiency in Singapore primary schools. The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 23, 355-365.
- Bai, B. (2016). Writing strategies and strategy-based instruction in Singapore primary schools.Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.