- Academic Staff
- Adjunct and Honorary Staff
- Administrative Staff
- Current Students
Dr DAI Kun is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Educational Administration and Policy, Faculty of Education, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Dr Dai’s research interests include international and comparative education, transnational higher education, education policy, and teaching and learning in higher education.
Dr Dai’s work has appeared in several leading international peer-reviewed journals, such as Higher Education, Studies in Higher Education, Journal of Studies in International Education, Educational Technology Research & Development, Compare, Higher Education Research & Development, International Journal of Intercultural Relations, Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, and Oxford Review of Education. He is the author of “Transitioning ‘In-Between’ Chinese Students’ Navigating Experiences in Transnational Higher Education Programmes” (Brill) and “Developing Intercultural Competence ‘at Home’: Domestic Students’ Experiences in Chinese Universities” (Routledge).
Furthermore, Dr Dai serves as an associate editor of the Journal of International Students and Higher Education Research & Development, an editorial board member of Compare and the Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, and a referee for more than 40 international journals, such as Studies in Higher Education, Higher Education, Journal of Studies in International Education, and Cambridge Journal of Education. He also serves as a book proposal referee for Routledge, Bloomsbury, and Springer.
- Comparative Education
- Education Policy
- Higher Education
- Intercultural Studies
- Narrative Study
- Overseas Education
- Qualitative Methods
- Sociology of Education
- PEDU 6211 Education and Development in International Perspectives
- PEDU 6402 Qualitative Method in Educational Research
- PGDE 5211 Structure & Process of Schooling
- Dai, K., & Hardy, I. (2023). Pursuing doctoral research in an emerging knowledge hub: An exploration of international students’ experiences in China. Studies in Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2023.2166917
- Dai, K., Matthews, K, E., & Liang, Y. (2023). ‘I wish to participate but…’: Investigating students’ perceptions of student-staff pedagogical partnerships at a Hong Kong university. Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10734-023-01035-7
- Dai, K., Hu, Y., Li, X., & Oladipo, O. (2023). Conducting doctoral study in China: An exploration of international students’ motivation at Chinese universities. Higher Education Research & Development. https://doi.org/10.1080/07294360.2023.2197195
- Dai, K., Garcia, J., & Olave, K. (2023). In-between worlds: Chilean university lecturers’ experiences of teaching transition between face-to-face and virtual reality contexts during the Covid-19 pandemic. Educational Technology Research & Development. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-023-10217-0.
- Dai, K., & Eillot, D. (2022). ‘Shi men’ as key doctoral practice: Understanding international doctoral students’ learning communities and research culture in China. Oxford Review of Education. https://doi: 10.1080/03054985.2022.2123309