- Academic Staff
- Adjunct and Honorary Staff
- Administrative Staff
- Current Students
Dr. Lau had served as a secondary school teacher, subject panel of Ethics and Religion, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, and EDD co-supervisor at the Education University of Hong Kong, part-time Assistant Professor and MA theses supervisor, member of Curriculum Development Institute of Hong Kong Education Bureau, and the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority. Dr. Lau received Certificate of Appreciation of School-based Curriculum Project Scheme of Education Department, HKSAR (2000), the Inaugural Caring Teaching Award of Faculty of Education and Human Development (2021), Award for Excellent FE Supervision (2021-22 Semester I) at the Education University of Hong Kong. Courses taught include Structure and Process of Schooling, values education, teachers’ ethics, positive education, mindfulness education, General studies and Liberal studies, etc. Research interests include transnational meditation in Chinese communities, religious education, spiritual health, values education, mindfulness education, moral and ethics education, and inclusive education, etc. Dr. Lau has started teaching and research projects on mindfulness, mind-body-spirit health and positive education for undergraduates, pre-service teachers, and in-service teachers since 2007. She helped organizing a few academic conferences and teachers’ professional training. She publishes academic papers in international journals and academic publishers. She also reviews academic papers for numerous academic journals, including Mindfulness, Religions, International Journal of Children’s Spirituality, etc.
- Mindfulness education
- Education Ethnography
- Inclusive Education
- Teacher Professional Development
- Qualitative Methods
- Religious and Spiritual Education
- Life and Values Education
- CHED 4510 Values Education in Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 3290 Meaning Concerns, Life and Death Education
- EDUC 3201 Ethics and Professional Standards for Teachers
- GENA 1113 Student-oriented Teaching and Seminar
- PGDE 5234 Ethics and Professional Standards for the Teaching Profession
- PGDP 5312 Values and Moral Education
- PGDP 5318 Ethics and Professional Standards for the Teaching Profession
- UGED 2663 Human Existence and Values Education
- Chan, K.K.S., Lau, E.N.S. & J.C.K. Lee. (eds). (forthcoming). Mindfulness for Child and Adolescent Well-Being: International Perspectives. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Chan, K.K.S., Lau, E.N.S., & J.C.K. Lee. (forthcoming). Chapter 1 Mindfulness and well-being among children and adolescents. In Mindfulness for Child and Adolescent Well-Being: International
Perspectives. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Lau, N.S. (forthcoming) Implementing Contemplative Practices for Enhancing Spirituality in Hong Kong
Schools. In Lee, C.K. John & Kennedy, K. (eds.). Routledge Handbook on Life and Values Education in
Asia. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Kuang, Xiaoxue, Zhang, Xingzhou, Lee, C.K. John & N.S. Lau. (2023). The Relationships Between Teachers’ Spiritual Well-being and Subjective Quality of Life: A Hong Kong Perspective. Education Journal.
- Lau, N.S. (2023) Practicing transnational meditation in contemporary China for wellbeing: from vipassana to mindfulness. Sinosfere (in Italian) https://sinosfere.com/
- Lau, N.S., Cheung, R.Y.M., Lai C.K.S., Lau, A.Y.T., Fung, M.C. (2023). Effects of Mindfulness
on Stress, Life Satisfaction, and Savoring Beliefs Among Hong Kong Chinese Adolescents During
the COVID-19 Pandemic. Frontiers in Psychology. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2023.1118288.
- 劉雅詩 (2022)〈以學校的宗教和靈性教育促進共同生活的人類博愛〉《天主教研究學報》第13期: 112-132 LAU, Ngar-sze Elsa, “Facilitating Human Fraternity for Living Together through Religious and Spiritual Education in Schools”
- Li, X., Lau, E.N.S., Chan, S.K.C. et al. (2023). Effects of Mindfulness-Based Intervention to Improve
Bracing Compliance in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Patients: a Randomized Controlled Trial. Mindfulness 14, 322–334. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12671-022-02021-3
- Lo, H.H.M.; Liu, K.H.K.; Ho, W.C.; Lau, E.N.S.; Poon, M.F.; Lo, C.S.L.; Tam, H.S.W. (2022). Using Photovoice in a Mindfulness-Based Program to Understand the Experiences of Caregivers of Young Adults with Psychosis. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 19, 15461. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph192315461
- Lo, H.H.M., Au, A., Cho, W.V., Lau, E.N.S., Wong, J.Y.H., Wong, S.Y.S., Yeung, J.W.K. (2022).
Mindfulness-Based Intervention for Caregivers of Frail Older Chinese Adults: A Study Protocol. Int. J.
Environ. Res. Public Health, 19, 5447. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19095447
- Zheng X, Zhang D, Lau ENS, Xu Z, Zhang Z, Mo PKH, Yang X, Mak ECW and Wong SYS (2022).
Primary School Students’ Online Learning During Coronavirus Disease 2019: Factors Associated With
Satisfaction, Perceived Effectiveness, and Preference. Front. Psychol. 13:784826.
- Lau, N.S. (2022). Equality of Access? Chinese Women Practicing Chan and Transnational Meditation in Contemporary China. Religions, 13, 61. https://doi.org/10.3390/rel13010061
- Lo, H.H.M., Lau, E.N.S., Tam, C.H.L. et al. (2021). Effects of a Mindful Parenting Workshop for Parents of
Adolescents and Young Adults Following Social Unrest in Hong Kong. Mindfulness.
- Lau, N.S. (2021). Teaching transnational Buddhist meditation with vipassanā (neiguan內觀) and
mindfulness (zhengnian正念) for healing depression in contemporary China. Religions. 12(3), 212; https://doi.org/10.3390/rel12030212
- Cheung Y.M.R. & Lau, N.S. (2021). Is Mindfulness Linked to Life Satisfaction? Testing Savoring Positive
Experiences and Gratitude as Mediators. Frontiers in Psychology
- Au, T.C. & Lau, N. S. (2021). Private music teachers’ knowledge of and attitudes toward students with
autism Spectrum Disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-020-04809-5
- Co-investigator with Lo, Herman H.M. (PI). The effects of an online mindfulness-based intervention for parents of children with ADHD: A randomized controlled trial. General Research Fund, 2024-26
- Co-Principal investigator with Gu, Mingyue Michelle (PI), Y.M. Rebecca Cheung, M. M. Chiu, Corey F. Huang, Liz Jackson, J. S. Lee, Zhenlin Wang, J. Luo, M. Harrison, Lucas Kohnke. Wellbeing in online social networking. Multi-disciplinary Research Capacity Building Scheme. EdUHK, 2022-24
- Co-investigator with Tse, T.K.T. (PI). Religious Education Curricula in Hong Kong Schools: A Comparative Study across Religious Bodies and Time. General Research Fund, 2020-22
- Co-investigator with Lo, Herman H.M. (PI), Wong Samuel Y.S., Wong Janet Y.H., Yeung, Jerf W.K., Au, Alma. Mindfulness-Based Intervention for Caregivers of Frail Older Chinese Adults: Testing a Model of Intergenerational Caregiving. General Research Fund,